We would like to know how we can improve our service to you and how you perceive the Practice and our staff.
About us and Aims
What we aim to achieve
The overall aim of our group (PPG) is to develop a positive and constructive relationship between patients, the Practice and the community it serves, ensuring the practice remains accountable and responsive to all its patients needs.
Our group key roles are:-
- Create and improve two-way communication between patients, the Practice and the community it serves.
- To bring a sense of partnership between Practice and patients.
- Provide an avenue for patients’ input in the way facilities and services are planned and executed, to add humanity to, and influence those services.
- Provide constructive two-way feedback on patient and community needs, concerns and interests.
- Support the Practice in good health promotions, preventative medicine and health literacy
- Collect patient opinions and experiences to help the practice to evaluate its services.
- Communicate to the practice community and/or the wider community information about the practice.
- Liaise with the Optimus group of practices to share and develop best practice and/or resources.
Our Patient Participation Group Membership
All registered patients are welcome to join the PPG although, in the interests of effective decision making, membership of the core is limited to twelve. Specialist sub-groups may be formed to deal with specific topics utilising individual skills and interests. Our group meets regularly approximately every twelve weeks. Members can be contacted through reception.
Harness Patient Participation Group Membership
Our Practice and our PPG is one of the sixteen local medical practices which comprises the Harness Commissioning Group, of which Harness is one of the five Commissioning Groups in Brent.
Harness aims and objectives include:-
A consortium based Patient Liaison group in order to engage with its patients to work together on shaping future services in General practice.
Communication links with patients about services being delivered and issues relating to the delivery and use of them; this may or may not be directed by local or national policies.
The Harness Patient Liaison group of practices meet regularly four times a year and during that time develop ways to meet and listen to the views of the patients in all seven practices.
If you wish to participate please contact the Practice or complete the online form by clicking on the button shown below.
OR: if you prefer, you can download the sign-up form below, print it out, fill it in, and post it to the Practice, put it through the letterbox, or hand it to a Receptionist.
We aim to acknowledge your request within a few days.
Please note that the PPG cannot become involved in matters of a specifically medical or clinical nature.
The National Association of Patient Participation
This association aims to promote the role and benefits of PPGs to patients, the public and health professionals, to create more understanding of the value of true patient participation also to promote the support available from N.A.P.P. Find out more about them click here.
The information you supply us will be used lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018. The Data Protection Act 2018 gives you the right to know what information is held about you and sets out rules to make sure that this information is handled properly.